'VISION, VALUES and AIMS'
Aldro was founded in 1898 and moved to Shackleford from Eastbourne in 1940. We are fortunate to occupy a beautiful setting in the Surrey countryside, and to enjoy the use of some outstanding facilities for a prep school. The ethos of the school is centred on our Christian foundation and priority is given to the highest standards of pastoral care and to the education of the "whole child" as an individual. We encourage our pupils to become caring, thoughtful, and confident members of the school community and to be fully prepared to move on and thrive at their senior schools. Aldro seeks to be an inclusive school, with a genuine 'family-feel', offering opportunities for all pupils to discover their talents and gifts whilst, encouraging them to strive for excellence. Boarding is a great strength of Aldro, contributing to the busy and vibrant atmosphere here and teaching the pupils vital skills of independence and responsibility which stand them in good stead for their future schools.
- To provide outstanding pastoral care within a nurturing family environment, underpinned by Christian values and teaching.
- To prepare pupils for the next stage; for transition to their Senior Schools of choice and for adult life beyond.
- To encourage curiosity, critical thinking and independence of thought through an innovative learning experience and inspirational teaching.
- To develop strength of character through a broad, stimulating curricular and co-curricular offering.
- To create a vibrant boarding environment that promotes independence and responsibility.
- To establish long-term financial management through attracting and retaining sustainable numbers of pupils.
- To share our resources with, and make a positive contribution to, the wider community.
- To be happy, have fun and make lasting memories